Clinical Registries and Quality Improvement
Registry Induced Practice Change
- Gibbons C.
- Björck M.
- Jensen L.P.
- Laustsen J.
- Lees T.
- Moreno-Carriles R.
- et al.
- Potgieter R.
- Mitchell D.
- McCleary J.
Translating Registry Data Into Quality Improvement
Actionable Registry Reports
Improving Patient and Treatment Selection
- Robinson W.P.
- Schanzer A.
- Li Y.
- Goodney P.P.
- Nolan B.W.
- Eslami M.H.
- et al.
Registry Research and Quality Improvement
- Rao S.V.
- Hess C.N.
- Barham B.
- Aberle L.H.
- Anstrom K.J.
- Patel T.B.
- et al.
Device Evaluation in Vascular Registries
International Consortium of Vascular Registries
Vascular Low Frequency Disease Consortium
Challenges and Solutions for Vascular Registries
- Registries for Evaluating Patient Outcomes: A User’s Guide. 3rd ed. 2019 (Available at:)
- ESVS VASCUNET. 2019 (Available at:)
- Quality improvement in vascular surgery: the role of comparative audit and Vascunet.Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg. 2015; 49: 1-3
- Society for vascular surgery vascular quality initiative patient safety organization. 2019 (Available at:)
- The society for vascular surgery vascular quality initiative.J Vasc Surg. 2012; 55: 1529-1537
- International Consortium of Vascular Registries. 2019 (Available at:)
- International Consortium of vascular registries.Gefässchirurgie. 2019; 24: 9-12
- Vascular low frequency disease Consortium. 2019 (Available at:)
- A regional registry for quality assurance and improvement: the vascular study group of northern new England (VSGNNE).J Vasc Surg. 2007; 46: 1093-1101
- The second vascular surgery database report.European Society for Vascular Surgery, 2008 (Available at:)https://www.vascularsociety.org.uk/_userfiles/pages/files/Document%20Library/ESVS_VASCUNET_REPORT_2008_BW.pdf
- Remodelling of vascular (surgical) services in the UK.Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg. 2012; 44: 465-467
- Delivering a national quality improvement programme for patients with abdominal aortic aneurysms.2012 (Available at:)https://www.vascularsociety.org.uk/_userfiles/pages/files/Document%20Library/Final-AAAQIP-Public-Report-_VSGBI-August-2012_310812.pdf
- Participation in the Vascular Quality Initiative is associated with improved perioperative medication use, which is associated with longer patient survival.J Vasc Surg. 2015; 61: 1010-1019
- Regional quality groups in the society for vascular surgery® vascular quality initiative.J Vasc Surg. 2013; 57: 884-890
- Utility of the Vascular Quality Initiative in improving quality of care in Canadian patients undergoing vascular surgery.Can J Surg. 2019; 62: 66-69
- VQI annual meeting. 2019 (Available from:)
- SVS VQI quality improvement projects. 2019 (Available at:)
- COPI 2014 – sample EVAR LOS report. 2019 (Available at:)
- Editor's choice - carotid stenosis treatment: variation in international practice patterns.Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg. 2017; 53: 511-519
- Calculate by QxMD. 2019 (Available at:)
- Factors associated with stroke or death after carotid endarterectomy in Northern New England.J Vasc Surg. 2008; 48: 1139-1145
- Derivation and validation of a practical risk score for prediction of mortality after open repair of ruptured abdominal aortic aneurysms in a US regional cohort and comparison to existing scoring systems.J Vasc Surg. 2013; 57: 354-361
- The vascular quality initiative cardiac risk index for prediction of myocardial infarction after vascular surgery.J Vasc Surg. 2016; 64: 1411-1421
- The vascular study group of new England cardiac risk index (VSG-CRI) predicts cardiac complications more accurately than the revised cardiac risk index in vascular surgery patients.J Vasc Surg. 2010; 52: 674-683
- Protamine reduces bleeding complications associated with carotid endarterectomy without increasing the risk of stroke.J Vasc Surg. 2010; 51: 559-564
- Shared quality data are associated with increased protamine use and reduced bleeding complications after carotid endarterectomy in the Vascular Study Group of New England.J Vasc Surg. 2013; 58: 1518-1524
- The randomized registry trial--the next disruptive technology in clinical research?.N Engl J Med. 2013; 369: 1579-1581
- A registry-based randomized trial comparing radial and femoral approaches in women undergoing percutaneous coronary intervention: the SAFE-PCI for Women (Study of Access Site for Enhancement of PCI for Women) trial.JACC Cardiovasc Interv. 2014; 7: 857-867
- Recommendations for a national medical device evaluation system. Medical Device Registry Task Force. 2019 (Available at:)
- The European union medical device regulation of 2017. 2017 (Available at:)
- Current considerations on real-world evidence use in FDA regulatory submissions.Endovasc Today. 2017; 16: 106-108
- SPEED: a new initiative in real-world pad evidence evaluation.Endovasc Today. 2018; 17: 57-59
- Real-world data collection regarding paclitaxel treatment: the society for vascular surgery vascular quality initiative.Endovasc Today. 2019; 18: 74-75
- Variations in abdominal aortic aneurysm care: a report from the international Consortium of vascular registries.Circulation. 2016; 134: 1948-1958
- Hospital volume Association with abdominal aortic aneurysm repair mortality: analysis of the international Consortium of vascular registries.Circulation. 2019; 140: 1285-1287
- The current management of isolated degenerative femoral artery aneurysms is too aggressive for their natural history.J Vasc Surg. 2014; 59: 343-349
- The contemporary management of renal artery aneurysms.J Vasc Surg. 2015; 61: 978-984
- Distance to the base of skull: a new predictor of complications in carotid body tumor resection.J Vasc Surg. 2015; 62: 534-535
- A multi-institutional experience in adventitial cystic disease.J Vasc Surg. 2017; 65: 157-161
- A multi-institutional experience in vascular Ehlers-Danlos syndrome diagnosis.J Vasc Surg. 2020; 71: 149-157
- Validation of the VASCUNET registry - pilot study.Vasa. 2014; 43: 141-144
- Long Term evaluation should be an integral part of the clinical implementation of new vascular treatments - an ESVS Executive Committee Position Statement.Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg. 2019; 58: 315-317
- Vascular implant surveillance and interventional outcomes network. 2019 (Available at:)
- A comparison of reintervention rates after endovascular aneurysm repair between the Vascular Quality Initiative registry, Medicare claims, and chart review.J Vasc Surg. 2019; 69: 74-79
- International Consortium of vascular registries consensus recommendations for peripheral revascularisation registry data collection.Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg. 2018; 56: 217-237
- The challenge of data privacy compliant registry based research.Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg. 2018; 55: 601-602
☆Presented as the Janet Powell Honorary Lecture at the European Society for Vascular Surgery Annual Meeting, Hamburg, Germany, 25 September 2019.
User LicenseElsevier user license |
For non-commercial purposes:
- Read, print & download
- Text & data mine
- Translate the article
- Reuse portions or extracts from the article in other works
- Redistribute or republish the final article
- Sell or re-use for commercial purposes
Elsevier's open access license policy
ScienceDirectAccess this article on ScienceDirect
To submit a comment for a journal article, please use the space above and note the following:
- We will review submitted comments as soon as possible, striving for within two business days.
- This forum is intended for constructive dialogue. Comments that are commercial or promotional in nature, pertain to specific medical cases, are not relevant to the article for which they have been submitted, or are otherwise inappropriate will not be posted.
- We require that commenters identify themselves with names and affiliations.
- Comments must be in compliance with our Terms & Conditions.
- Comments are not peer-reviewed.