The Global Vascular Guidelines (GVG) prefer revascularisation to be done according to the Wound, Ischaemia, and foot Infection (WIfI) and Global Anatomic Staging System (GLASS) stages.
1However, inframalleolar (IM) or pedal disease is not considered in the selection of a revascularisation procedure because of limited evidence.
- Conte M.S.
- Bradbury A.W.
- Kolh P.
- White J.V.
- Dick F.
- Fitridge R.
- et al.
Global Vascular Guidelines on the management of chronic limb-threatening ischemia.
Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg. 2019; 58: S1-S109
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to European Journal of Vascular and Endovascular Surgery
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Global Vascular Guidelines on the management of chronic limb-threatening ischemia.Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg. 2019; 58: S1-S109
- Three-year outcomes of surgical versus endovascular revascularization for critical limb ischemia: the SPINACH study (Surgical Reconstruction Versus Peripheral Intervention in Patients with Critical Limb Ischemia).Circ Cardiovasc Interv. 2017; 10: 1-10
- Differential impact of bypass surgery and angioplasty on angiosome-targeted infrapopliteal revascularization.Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg. 2015; 49: 412-419
- Analysis of wound healing time and wound-free period as outcomes after surgical and endovascular revascularization for critical lower limb ischemia.J Vasc Surg. 2018; 67: 817-825
- Evaluation of paramalleolar and inframalleolar bypasses in dialysis- and nondialysis-dependent patients with critical limb ischemia.J Vasc Surg. 2018; 67: 826-837
Published online: February 05, 2023
Accepted: January 31, 2023
Received in revised form: January 24, 2023
Received: May 23, 2022
Publication stageIn Press Corrected Proof
© 2023 European Society for Vascular Surgery. Published by Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.